Website Gregory Poole Equipment Company
Assist with rental coordination functions while completing the Rental Development Program. Associates participating in the program will be based in Raleigh but can expect to spend upwards of 50% of their time traveling outside of the Raleigh area. Current Gregory Poole rental locations include Camden, Fayetteville, Holly Springs, Jacksonville, Mebane, Raleigh, Washington, and Wilmington. This is an exciting career opportunity for recent college graduates interested in starting a career with one of North Carolina’s largest private employers. The construction rental business is fast paced; successful rental associates are high energy individuals that have a customer first mentality.
50% Raleigh/Triangle Area
50% Travel (Eastern North Carolina)
I. Customer Service – Percent of Time Spent = 70%+
- Accepts and coordinates customer inquiries, requests (phone, walk-in or mail) for rental equipment and closes rental agreements by interfacing and negotiating with customers.
- Provides rental customers’ price quotes and equipment availability and delivery schedule information.
- Manages or resolves customer’s rental complaints and problems to the best customer satisfaction level possible.
- Daily monitors and coordinates rental equipment hauling schedule to ensure timely equipment delivery and pick-up; and immediately contacts customer with any schedule updates, modifications, or delivery problems.
- Serves as a liaison between departments and branches for rental equipment pricing, availability, transportation, and repair. etc.
- Assists with telephone collection of past due rental payments.
II. Administrative – Percent of Time Spent = < 30%
The administrative activities will be mainly in two areas: equipment/inventory and bookkeeping/invoicing. Individuals in this position must be trained and can perform in each main area, even though, he/she may take a stronger lead in on specific area.
A. Equipment /Inventory
- Ensures rental units are operational by coordinating repairs and maintenance with rental service technicians.
- Approves some equipment service work orders.
- Maintains current and accurate fleet service records for each unit.
- Coordinates daily transportation of rental equipment.
- Maintains current inventory usage records and ensures accurate and timely billing.
- Expedites customer credit applications in a timely manner allowing them to rent equipment.
- Verifies gate logs ensuring equipment is tracked for inventory security.
- Maintains rental files and contracts (i.e., rental contracts, certificates of insurance, etc.) and periodically purges and prepares them for storage.
- Timely process rental equipment related purchase orders.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
Basic mechanical and product knowledge is desirable.
Must be able to work for long periods while seated. Must have ability to clearly communicate with customers on the phone or in person. Excellent customer relations are a must.
Required basic level skill with keyboard and Microsoft software, preferably Excel and Word.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit us231.dayforcehcm.com.