Join us in observing National Safety Month, and help spread the word of the importance of safety on your jobsite, in your home, and in your community. Let’s help keep each other safe.
The National Safety Council (NSC) has prepared a topic to focus on for each week this month:
Week 1: Emergency Preparedness
Week 2: Slips, Trips and Falls
Week 3: Heat-Related Illness
Week 4: Hazard Recognition
How can you participate in National Safety Month?
Here are a few ideas on how you can bring attention to safety in your organization, whether it be this month or anytime.
- Safety meetings or toolbox talks
- Weekly emails with related articles, infographics and relevant safety information
- Regular safety inspection on equipment or work areas
- Leadership recognition for individuals who create a positive safety culture and set an example for other employees
- Help spread the word on social media using NSC’s hashtag #gogreenforsafety
- Attend safety events in the community
Are there any events that I can attend for safety month?
NAWIC Triangle is hosting “Safety Training for Employees – Importance, Impact, and Best Practices” on Thursday, June 15th at 4:30pm, and all are welcome. In this session, we’ll discuss OSHA requirements for safety training (including topics, frequencies, and documentation required). We’ll also explore some best practices in training facilitation, a review of adult learning principles, and provide guidance for new technologies available to enhance retention.
You can register here.